Tire Balancing... Beads/BB's/Airsoft Pellets?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hate getting my tires balanced and watching the dude (or me) slam the weight into the exterior of the wheels... I ran across this info YEARS ago about beads and it only recently resurfaced into my head about a week ago.

Was thinking about these things since our large 35" (or larger for some of you guys) tires may take a MASSIVE amount of weight to balance.

Has anyone used these? People on the Jeep Forums love these thing and they also use airsoft pellets, and BB gun BB's.

There are multiple companies out there that make these things.

Opinions?

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I remember coming across a weight balancer for big tires like semis. But don't know about these

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just ordered some of the poly beads. I am upgrading to some new tires soon and plan on using... All I have heard is good from it... I have 39k on these BGF's now...

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried putting airsoft BB's in my general grabbers. I took them back out because I felt they balanced better with lead weights. Plus it was annoying listening to them hit the wheel every time I came to a stop. I dunno, maybe I didn't use enough of BB's. I wouldn't mind trying it again, but I think I'd go with stuff specifically made for balancing tires.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried putting airsoft BB's in my general grabbers. I took them back out because I felt they balanced better with lead weights. Plus it was annoying listening to them hit the wheel every time I came to a stop. I dunno, maybe I didn't use enough of BB's. I wouldn't mind trying it again, but I think I'd go with stuff specifically made for balancing tires.

How about spraying that rubber stuff on the wheels to reduce the noise

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How are people getting such long life out of their stock BFG's? I just turned 10k. They have been rotated and balanced three times (!!!! I'm **** like that) and I have pitting and chunking everywhere. I do play offroad, but this seems a little ridiculous.

It may be time to go show Ford.

MDU

LSURaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ones I took off my Hummer @ 40K looked like they had another 40K left in them. They were 5 years old though so they were starting to get dry...

The BFG's should be a pretty long lasting tire. Is your alignment OK?

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How are people getting such long life out of their stock BFG's? I just turned 10k. They have been rotated and balanced three times (!!!! I'm **** like that) and I have pitting and chunking everywhere. I do play offroad, but this seems a little ridiculous.

It may be time to go show Ford.

MDU

Mine right now is a road king. only off roading i do is to get to my northern mi house. The BFG's I have still look pretty good.
First pic is the front.... Second is the rear...

Attachments

• DSC00781.jpg
    DSC00781.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC00780.jpg
    DSC00780.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 77