Steering wheel shake on fwy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glamisbound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone experience this and whatd you do to correct it? I had my truck aligned at outlaw and was told I should replace my uca and tierods...is this a typical issue on hard driven trucks?

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
First thing I would try is getting the tires balanced with a road force balance machine. Do you have stock ball-joints or aftermarket uni-balls?

farman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just noticed that I had an inner tie rod going on the drivers side and will be getting it fixed whenever the dealer can get one in stock. I have had a vibration in the steering wheel for awhile, but just thought that it was the new knobby tires I put on. Hopefully this will help or fix it. I Could tell my tie rod was bad by just getting under the truck and wiggling it. It shouldn't wiggle. I have a 2012 with 25k miles.not sure if this a known issue for these trucks that get driven hard or that everybody that drives it hard just upgrades everything before it becomes a problem.my miles are probably half off-road.

D

Deleted member 12951

I was going to say balancing too as mine does it and that has helped. What does the typical after-market inner tie rod cost?

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score

farman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe mine was this, which is an inner tierod for $46.79 for a motorcraft part, off of rock auto. Was going to go this route until the dealer said they would fix it under warranty.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 436
OP
OP
glamisbound

glamisbound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First thing I would try is getting the tires balanced with a road force balance machine. Do you have stock ball-joints or aftermarket uni-balls?

Stock ball joints still. And i believe previous owner had the same issue and balanced the tires several times. Its not terrible but its enough to know something is not right, which bugs me.