GEN 1 Speed Bleeders install/1-man brake bleeding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ok so the only negative i have seen with this... if the valve fails you lose your brakes.

other than that, they are neat.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ok so the only negative i have seen with this... if the valve fails you lose your brakes.

Kinda seems like when they are tight, they work like normal bleeders restricting flow in any direction. It's only when you loosen them that the valve is in play and fluid can leave, but nothing can come in.

At least that's how I'm reading/picturing them working - just like normal bleeders, but with a one way valve instead of empty bi-directional space.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
NO. Remember, even normal valves have to be loosen to be bled. When you loosen it you are essentially moving the valve up and out so that the hole in the valve is now in the channel where the brake fluid can flow out. When tighten down the hole in the valve is below the channel and thus no fluid can flow out.

799-639510.jpg

Last edited:

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
NO. Remember, even normal valves have to be loosen to be bled. When you loosen it you are essentially moving the valve up and out so that the hole in the valve is now in the channel where the brake fluid can flow out. When tighten down the hole in the valve is below the channel and this no fluid can flow out.

799-639510.jpg

understood, thanks for clarifying. i may be interested in trying this then.

just Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed these on my back axle today while doing rotors and pads. Super easy. Like stupid easy. Made bleeding by myself with no fancy gadgets a breeze. Thanks for the thread/ tips.

Last edited: