Smell of Manure/Fertilizer coming from AC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlbeau

Reaction score
I turned my AC this weekend after a long winter in NE, the odor that was coming thru the vents was a passing a cow farm in VT. Any history with what might be causing this? Does not occur when heat is on only AC and mainly when first turned on, still there after a while just not as bad. Does the Raptor have a cabin air flter I can change?

2013 Raptor ~20k milegage...........Thanks Beauregard

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a drain to the ac evaporator that could be clogged. If the water has been sitting all winter in there, it would smell bad.

Check the drain to ensure it is clear. You can then buy some AC deoderizer at the parts store to spray in there too kill the smell.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

6isntenough

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a drain to the ac evaporator that could be clogged. If the water has been sitting all winter in there, it would smell bad.

Check the drain to ensure it is clear. You can then buy some AC deoderizer at the parts store to spray in there too kill the smell.

Yukon Joe
GREAT LAKES RAPTOR EXCURSIONS

Joe can you explain where the drain is to the ac evaporator? I have a weird smell also as soon as I turn on air/heat/defrost then it goes away

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Joe can you explain where the drain is to the ac evaporator? I have a weird smell also as soon as I turn on air/heat/defrost then it goes away

You live in Greensburg right? Joe's dad has a Radiator shop in Bethel Park that does air conditioners, worse comes to worse take it down to Big Joe at Bethel Auto Radiator. (412) 833-4904

dfelicia

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I don't know exactly where, because I haven't had to locate it on thus truck yet. But you should be able to find it on the passenger side fire wall. If you let three truck run for a while with the AC on, it should start to drip from there.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com