Sending Shocks Out for Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rkneeshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Currently about a 6-8 week wait on the exchange program. They've got a lot of demand. I tried sourcing a set of used shocks to send to them but haven't found an economical deal yet. Its so hard to be patient

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question, I see that Fox offers to rebuild your shocks, it appears to be $180 a shock. is this true?

Also, for those of you that send the shocks out, what do you do in the mean time while you wait for them to come back? Do you have a second set sitting around and keep swapping between them?

When they rebuild the shocks, can they make changes to adjust how the truck will ride? I think the current setup is ideal for most from a handling and ride standpoint, but I would love to see if they can soften things up a smidge. I appreciate that I might get a little more body roll, but I think I will be okay with that tradeoff to get a slightly softer ride.

If changes are possible, could it be as simple as using a lighter oil, or whatever they use, in the shock? Is changing the size of one of the bypass' an option?

rkneeshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have a flutter stack option that sounds real appealing. Softens it up over washboard, but keeps the same level of performance at probably mid to long stroke. Seems like a win win.

MMTTBB

Reaction score
Shocks Available

Just swapped the shocks with rebuilds from FOX on a '13 after 80k miles. Anyone interested in buying the shocks with 80k miles. Perfect if your looking to send into FOX for rebuild and swap. Would prevent having truck out of commission.

Devilsfan72

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just swapped the shocks with rebuilds from FOX on a '13 after 80k miles. Anyone interested in buying the shocks with 80k miles. Perfect if your looking to send into FOX for rebuild and swap. Would prevent having truck out of commission.

How much? Are they from a Screw orScab

Thanks
Scott

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'd be interested in buying the rear shocks if you would split the set. I already have the fronts that need a rebuild.

MMTTBB

Reaction score
How much? Are they from a Screw orScab

Thanks
Scott

Hey Scott. Sorry, hadn't signed on for a few days. Looking to get $900 for the set of four. They are from a SCREW. Buyer would pay shipping costs. Just did a similar swap with someone else and it's pretty simple with FOX. The person I bought from sent them to FOX and then FOX shipped the rebuilt shocks to me.

Thanks,
Matt