Sending Shocks Out for Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question, I see that Fox offers to rebuild your shocks, it appears to be $180 a shock. is this true?

Also, for those of you that send the shocks out, what do you do in the mean time while you wait for them to come back? Do you have a second set sitting around and keep swapping between them?

OP
OP
S

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, and what do you do with the truck in the mean time? It can't just sit with the shocks out of it.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have to leave it on jacks, do the exchange program, or buy another set to use in the meantime. Don't lower it onto the tires without shocks.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
IMG_0119.jpgAnother option is to make a road trip and drive to one of the shops that does the rebuilding. I bought a brand new set and drove 1500 miles to have them installed @RPG

Last edited:

Rodbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forged Offroad in Loomis, Ca. has an exchange program. You send in your shocks to be rebuilt and they send you an exchange set that have already been rebuilt. Or get the rebuilds first and then sent in your old shocks.

Paul and Matt the owners are fantastic guys, I am currently trading my electrical services for them working on my Raptor. Win win.

Give them a call

Steve

SVTblackraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question, I see that Fox offers to rebuild your shocks, it appears to be $180 a shock. is this true?

Also, for those of you that send the shocks out, what do you do in the mean time while you wait for them to come back? Do you have a second set sitting around and keep swapping between them?

I believe mine were $150 a shock from FOX to rebuild them. They have a quick turnaround time too. I took the expensive route and bought 4 new ones and then sent my originals in to get serviced. I bought them from autonation.com, of course tasca has them too, cheaper than the dealer and they are the exact same.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you do exchange program there is no down time. You get your shocks shipped to you and you send the old ones back....