Seat air filters?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where are they, what's the part number, and how do you change them?

But more importantly, do I really need a seat air filter?

Where does the air that blows on my butt come from?

And do I care if it has some pollen or other particulates in it?

Won't the fan blow more air without a filter?

Am I going to break the little seat air cooling fan if I take out the filter and run it without?

:hmmm2:

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The seat air filters are built into the seat upholstery. They are that mesh looking fabric near the edges of the front seats. They never need to be specially cleaned or changed unless totally blocked. The main design feature of these filters is to decontaminate and clean the air from the front seat occupants' farts.

:sorrysign:

I think you might be getting confused with the cabin air filters. I don't know if the newer Raptors have them or not. I think only higher packaged/optioned F150's get them.

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The manual says

"Replace climate-controlled (heated and cooled) seat filter (if equipped)."

So are 2013 Raptors "equipped"? I mean, I know I have the climate controlled seats, but it's that filter I'm wondering about.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are located under the seat. Access them from the rear, 1/4 twist and the pop out. Clean them with compressed air our ruin them under the faucet with hot water. Reinstall.
I only clean mine after dusty off-roading. I.e. TRR.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your technique. From the illustration it looked more complicated than that. I can't seem to find the right part number. The catalog says 19E880 (FS106) for vehicles built after 10/3/2012, FS104 for before. There's a couple in Amazon and eBay but they are the FS104, but look identical to the FS106.

In any case, I'm more inclined to remove them altogether. Any reason I shouldn't?

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's to keep the fan blade clean. If it builds up with dust like mine did, it works itself out of balance and starts making a ton of noise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk