sea foam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody tried this before? They said to do this every 10K miles...? I'm at 15K, debating.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah if you want to feel good about it, go out and buy a bottle of Chevron Techron concentrate. (might need two bottles with the 26 gallon tank)

Add this to a FULL gas tank when you fill up BEFORE you do an oil change. (basically do this at the END of your oil change interval)

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was always told that using todays fuels, so long as you use the name brand, have enough additives to pretty much prevent any of this, so doing anything more is a waste of money. I could be wrong, but that is what I have been told and I never use anything more than gas!

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same opinion. It makes sense in high mileage cars. Especially if you buy them used and don't know their service history. Be careful though... sometimes those high mileage cars need the extra sealing the carbon buildup provides. Knock that off with a little sea foam and you might regret it.

But in these trucks, with the relatively low mileage we all still have? Nah. No benefit in my opinion. If you're really concerned, like xjr says, go get some techron or other injector cleaner, and call it a day.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sea Foam is a great product.

I would consider it in my Raptor for one reason. I run a lot of E85. Every 3000 miles on E85 you are supposed to run a tank of gasoline. I run Chevron gasoline with Techron about twice as often as required and a can of Sea Foam in the tank at 10,000 miles (or even more often) couldn't hurt. SeaFoam is recommended and compatible with E85... (Sea Foam recommends a can in EVERY tank of E85!) I'm not sure I would pour Techron into E85.

I would not perform the Sea Foam "engine clean" where you run on straight Sea Foam, but I think a can in the tank every 10k is not a bad idea.

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sea Foam is a great product.

I would consider it in my Raptor for one reason. I run a lot of E85. Every 3000 miles on E85 you are supposed to run a tank of gasoline. I run Chevron gasoline with Techron about twice as often as required and a can of Sea Foam in the tank at 10,000 miles (or even more often) couldn't hurt. SeaFoam is recommended and compatible with E85... (Sea Foam recommends a can in EVERY tank of E85!) I'm not sure I would pour Techron into E85.

I would not perform the Sea Foam "engine clean" where you run on straight Sea Foam, but I think a can in the tank every 10k is not a bad idea.

You may be right on E85, not sure as I never used, and probably never will. However, I would be willing to bet if someone asked a Ford tech on this forum he/she would agree that most these products are of little or no use using todays fuels. Again, if used and your are concerned, then maybe, but most reports (consumer) state the same. Save your money!

OP
OP
J

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys...That was my main concern considering I run E85 a ton...I will probably just toss it in there before I have to do my next oil change.