Rust Warrior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in the great white salt/snow belt of The People's Republic of New York State. This has been an especially snowy, crappy year. With it comes the liquid brine and salt mixture, on the roads for several months.

I haven't had my truck a year yet and while washing it today I noticed that my rear tow hooks are rusting, two days ago when I was doing the same I noticed the paint come off, only took one trip in the salt and two days for it to start. Upon further inspection I saw that several different points of my frame are as well, mostly along the welds. I know there are a million undercoating sprays, and I am kicking myself in the ass for not getting to the Amsoil HD Metal protectant before the snow hit.

Anyway I was looking into some other rust protection means. I believe it was Dodge that had used a small electrical current to aid in rust prevention on their frames back in the day.

I did a quick google search and came across this:
Electronic Rust Protection | eBay
AutoRustWarrior

Anyone out there use or know anything about these? Seems to make sense to me in theory. Theory of course, but I want to know if anyone can lay some real experience and knowledge on me.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mike175,
I live on the eastern end of Long Island just off the ocean. Rust is a way of life out here. I have used Ziebart on all of my trucks/cars over the past 30 years. My 2004 Dodge 3500 still has no rust! There are no local dealers on Long Island, and since I graduated college in Worcester, MA, I went to Shrewsbury, MA location this summer to have my Raptor done. They did an outstanding job....
Eddie

Ziebart - Home

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you looked at your shocks? The salt will pit the metal on those as well...

OP
OP
Mike175

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shocks aren't too bad yet. Biggest disappointment has been the frame rusting already.

Ziebart is fairly big around here, dealer offered it to me before I picked her up this past May. I have heard too many disappointed stories about it. I am glad it is working well for you Ditchplains. I have heard too often that it traps moisture against the frame causing it to rot from the inside out. ****** applications that only do the under side and don't bother to get sides and tops of frame rails, or other smaller places.

I was going to use the Amsoil but I waited too long and it never warmed up enough for me to apply it. This summer as much of a pain in the ass it will be I will go under and spend the time to wipe and degrease every bit of it and apply it. I was just looking for some added protection.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When my truck was brand new I looked under it and noticed a lot of areas that were missing paint for one reason or another, anyway had them primed and or touched up and brought it to a rust protection company that sprayers inside the frame, doors, rockers and so on getting all metal coated from the inside out. If Ford could care less about priming and painting the metal you can see imagine the hidden areas you can't.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What do you think, auto companies what your vehicle to last for ever.

But I do agree the paint on our trucks leave a lot to be desired and drive shaft components and exhaust have rust on it before you even pick up your truck from the dealer.

Last edited:

155mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, picked mine up 3 weeks from leaving the factory and there was already rust underneath of it...

I think they do a factory undercoat with salt spray as it leaves the assembly line.

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last couple of years, in the fall, I coated the underside of my truck with this stuff (except the hot bits). Little spots of rust persist, but overall very happy with the performance of this product, especially on bare metal parts. Doesn't discolor or look too goopy or like the underside is covered with an opaque coating that actually traps things underneath. Has to be done dry and clean... so you might have to wait a couple of months.... Product seems to last the whole season.

Attachments

• 0606431.jpg
    0606431.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 380