Roush Raptors Idler Pulley

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Magnum PI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A word of advice if you have a chance go to your local parts store and pick up a set of bearings for this pulley. Just in case. I have been having a weird squeeling sound for the past 3 weeks. At first thought maybe power steering pump might be going but the steering felt normal. Then I thought it might have to do with cold weather. Luckily close friend is a Ford mechanic. At first he was stumped with the sound until he brought his stethoscope to find what that sound is coming from. After he pulled of the pulley we noticed how cheap the bearings are. The bearings are in a plastic enclosure. The enclosure was warped and the bearings were seazed. I'm not a mechanic so hopefully I'm explaining this correctly. Two sets of bearings 25 bucks at Orielys. Extra set just in case for next time. The truck is my daily driver. Yes I do beat the crap out of it once in a while. Moral of the story have a set on you especially if your out off road just in case it takes a crap on you. After I told my bud how long I was driving with this issue he told me I was an idiot since I could of done damage to the truck. If that's true or not I don't know. Disappointed in Roush for a cheaply made bearing. Hopefully this will help someone save a headache. I will post part number tomorrow. You can't buy the bearing at Ford.

Last edited:

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I read that Roush has an updated idler pulley and some sort of belt shield to help prevent throwing a belt during hard shifts. This might be something to look into and see if they use a better bearing.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I definitely contact Roush. Likely they know, but if they don't they should. Maybe they'll send you better parts!

Goon

Reaction score
A word of advice if you have a chance go to your local parts store and pick up a set of bearings for this pulley. Just in case. I have been having a weird squeeling sound for the past 3 weeks. At first thought maybe power steering pump might be going but the steering felt normal. Then I thought it might have to do with cold weather. Luckily close friend is a Ford mechanic. At first he was stumped with the sound until he brought his stethoscope to find what that sound is coming from. After he pulled of the pulley we noticed how cheap the bearings are. The bearings are in a plastic enclosure. The enclosure was warped and the bearings were seazed. I'm not a mechanic so hopefully I'm explaining this correctly. Two sets of bearings 25 bucks at Orielys. Extra set just in case for next time. The truck is my daily driver. Yes I do beat the crap out of it once in a while. Moral of the story have a set on you especially if your out off road just in case it takes a crap on you. After I told my bud how long I was driving with this issue he told me I was an idiot since I could of done damage to the truck. If that's true or not I don't know. Disappointed in Roush for a cheaply made bearing. Hopefully this will help someone save a headache. I will post part number tomorrow. You can't buy the bearing at Ford.
I have a gen 1 with the Roush supercharger and recently a couple pulleys need replaced. I found one but can't find a replacement idler pulley. Reached out to Roush and yes they seem to have deleted that pulley and created that FEAD Shield Kit but I'm showing it requires the SC to be removed. I'd rather not do that for a pulley if I can just replace that pulley. Has you found a replacement idler pulley thats the same size as the Roush one? The Roush Part #116219a216aa.