Recommended Maintenance Thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, I've done my oil changes every 5k or 6 months (currently putting on about 6k/yr now. I use to be at about 12k/yr.

I use Mobil 1 Synthetic and rotate tires every oil change.

I'm unfamiliar with other recommended service and upkeep like differentials, tranny, brakes, etc. I'm just about ready to hit 40k. (3 yrs old this week)

Thoughts - Recommendations

Or do I just stay true to the Owners Manual?

Johnuf78

Reaction score
I normally do all my other fluids every 2 years... I wouldn't go past 3 years. Brake fluid has the tendency to absorb water so that's when you get the soft pedal feel. Transmission fluid I would probably do every two years also along with the brake and maybe the power steering. The differentials, transfer case, and radiator can probably stretch to 3 years. Just my opinion... but I tend to over maintain my cars. I just like doing every 2 because it's easier for me to remember and more convenient to knock everything out at once.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah after my move across the country this year I am going to do all the fluids. I will have ~30k kms on the truck and I have had it for 2 years.