Raptor Transfer Case Fluid Level?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TargetBow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently changed fluid in my transfer case and had filled it until the fluid started to come out the fill hole. My Bad!!
I know that it states the level should be 1/4" below the fill hole.
Can someone tell me what damage this may cause to the transfer case?
I can take some out if overfilling will damage it but wanted to ask here on the forum to see if running it with the fluid at this level would hurt something in the transfer case.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It won't matter. The TC is a pretty basic machine when you get down to it. You could suction out a bit with a cheap manual suction pump for peace of mind if you really wanted to.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TargetBow

TargetBow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This^^^ It will not hurt a thing. The main reason for the 1/4" below the fill hole recommendation is to keep from spilling it.

Thanks Chris:

Before I read your post I went and pulled the fill plug out and siphoned some of the fluid out like Stang had suggested so it ended up being close to the 1/4" below the fill hole as the manual states. I was worried that maybe the fluid expanded a lot when hot that it may have blew a seal or something. Thanks for easing my fears.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Chris:

Before I read your post I went and pulled the fill plug out and siphoned some of the fluid out like Stang had suggested so it ended up being close to the 1/4" below the fill hole as the manual states. I was worried that maybe the fluid expanded a lot when hot that it may have blew a seal or something. Thanks for easing my fears.

Nah, it won't do anything like that. There is a lot of room in there and at most, in the most extreme offroad conditions you may have some foaming of the lube in there, but nothing major that would hurt anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20