Raptor (5.4)at 80k miles. What to start looking for before off-roading?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
My truck just ticked over 80 k miles and I would like to know what to start looking for when It comes to engine and drivetrain damage. I have a supercharger so I'm expecting the transmission to blow up and Probably the ac unit will go out soon but is there anything catastrophic i should worry about?

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about the drivetrain. But if at 80k the suspension has never been rebuilt, that may be something to look into getting done.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your trans should be fine, it's rated much higher than what a non-forged F/I 5.4 can produce.

If maintained properly, you shouldn't have any trouble getting over 200k out of the 5.4 so no worries there either.

Sounds to me like you need to start looking into aftermarket suspension upgrades :)

There's so much more available now than when these trucks first came out, you have many, many options.