Powercore air filter on AFE cai

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scarrjack

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have an AFE cold air intake but like the sounds of the Volant Donaldson Powercore air filter (basically sounds maintenance free for up to 100,000 Km's). My AFE air filter has 5 1/2" stamped on the top, which Powercore filter will fit?

Raptor_Kx250

Reaction score
I ran one of these and it never lasted me a year. Filtration was great but after a while the filter element started to to go soft and collapsed it was starting to be sucked up into the boot and eventually tore away from the boot, I still have the filter in my garage I will dig it out and post some pics, I was very disappointed with it never even lasted me 30,000 miles.

Raptor_Kx250

Reaction score
Yea that's the same one I ran I had the dry afe first, then went to the power core and that fell apart, now I'm running the afe pro guard 7 and no complaints on that one.

Raptor_Kx250

Reaction score
Yea I was very disappointed seeing they claim it a 100,000 mile filter and I never made it to nowhere near half of that. Not sure it can take the off road abuse, May last forever on a street queen.