GEN 1 Power Stop Brakes + brake flush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

intrlaz

Reaction score
Spongy pedal

Hi guys,

I recently had the R1 concepts pads and rotors installed. I am trying to confirm they are installed correctly before going back to the shop.

Can someone confirm that the outside pads (without the "humps") have four small metal nubs on them, while the insides have two small metal nubs, as shown in this drawing? You can see four circles in the bottom drawing that stick out from the pad. I am able to see the nubs on my pads looking through the wheel spokes, but I want to be sure the inside pad only has two nubs rather than four.

https://www.freedommotorsportsraptorstore.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1126_1128_1370

Thanks for the help

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I recently had the R1 concepts pads and rotors installed. I am trying to confirm they are installed correctly before going back to the shop.

Can someone confirm that the outside pads (without the "humps") have four small metal nubs on them, while the insides have two small metal nubs, as shown in this drawing? You can see four circles in the bottom drawing that stick out from the pad. I am able to see the nubs on my pads looking through the wheel spokes, but I want to be sure the inside pad only has two nubs rather than four.

https://www.freedommotorsportsraptorstore.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1126_1128_1370

Thanks for the help

You are correct. The inner pads (that go against the caliper pistons) have two round humps at the top of the backing plates and two "nubs" on the backing plate itself while the outer pads do not have the round humps at the top of the backing plates and have four small "nubs" on the backing plate itself.

After installation, have you completed the "bedding in procedure"? Did you flush and or at least bleed the brake fluid? I highly recommend fully flushing the brake fluid, especially if it has ANY color or smell to it. Brake fluid is suppose to be odorless and colorless.