Popping Noise Behind Dash After Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started my truck this morning (2011) and heard what sounded like a switch behind the dash popping about 5 times. Anyone come across this before? If so, what the hell is it and how hard is it to fix?

Thanks!!!

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your AC is on when this happens at start-up...Take your truck into Ford and have them replace the blend motor. Mine did this for quite some time, and I just had it fixed a couple weeks ago... gotta love the sound of silence!

OP
OP
Scozz

Scozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok cool. I make sure my air is turned off before I turn it off but not sure if the wife does when's she drives it. How much did it cost you, or were you still under warranty?

Didn't know if I should try to tackle this myself.

Last edited:

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine done under warranty, but I don't think its an expensive fix...just time consuming as you have to disassemble part, if not all of the dash, to get to the motor.

Even if the AC is off, it might do it when you turn it back on after the truck has started....heck, I'm not even sure if the AC is required for the "pop" to happen. It might just be a fan function. Also, depending on your settings, remote starting the truck can turn the AC on.

OP
OP
Scozz

Scozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spoke to the service guy...he said there are two (an upper and lower) one. The lower one can be changed without removing the dash while the upper one cannot. Price is about $250 for lower and $700 for the upper. He also said that these are common failures and covered by warranties.

Just an FYI for anyone who didn't know.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Will tell you this on the "door" issue if mine starts popping again after replacing it once already I will just go trade it in. The Raptor is a nice truck but it does have issues.

I have done a Driveshaft, Moon Roof, wiring harness issue plug, blending door issue, seat heater dead, drivers side window switches, still have the worst AC in any truck I have ever had. Have 61k on the Raptor now which is not a primary driver any longer replaced by the Jeep. I just need another year till the new Ford or maybe go back to Chevy.