Parts Manual, Owners Manual, Service Schedule, and Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks but I can't take credit. Someone else put it all together for me to place here.:naughty:

Well, however it came together, I'm glad this thread is here.

I decided that it was worthy of being a "Sticky"

From now on, this thread will always be right at the top of our Raptor Maintenance section.

gcmj45acp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taking "Darkness" in for 60.000 mile service this weekend. May be I'm slow but, the maintenance schedule in the owner's manual is a little confusing to me. Can anyone just give me a straight up list of what services need to be performed on 2011, 6.2L trucks at 60K miles? I already know my brakes will likely need service because I noticed minor scoring on the right front rotor today.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not working from the owners manual, but things I would personally consider are as follows:

Brake fluid Flush (I highly recommend that the brake fluid be fully flushed annually regardless of mileage, especially for those in colder climates)

Brakes if needed, if there is scoring, cracking, or anything of the sort on the rotors then it may be a good idea to go ahead and change them before they get worse.

Power steering flush (with transmission fluid)

Spark plugs.

Coolant (Go to Autozone or other auto parts store and use test strips to test it to find out if it needs flushed, if not then leave it alone.)

Transmission fluid (This is more personal choice than requirement. Modern transmission fluids are very good, even from the factory. You can test it with used oil analysis to be sure, or you can eyeball it. IT should be red and not have a smell, if it is brown or dark and smells burnt at all then definitely flush it. If you do flush it, make sure that you have someone that is qualified for doing a hotflush properly according to Ford service recommendations)

Transfer Case (Since it is transmission fluid, I would judge whether to change it according to what the tranny fluid in the transmission looks like.)

Differentials (If they have never been changed then I would definitely do that)

Clean your throttle body and MAF Sensor

Change your Fuel Filter, possibly run some injector cleaner through it unless someone here knows of a reason as to why you wouldn't do so.

Check your Air filter and replace as necessary.

I believe that just about covers it, but if I have anything wrong or if I have missed anything please forgive me, I don't have a copy of the owners manual to go off of. But you can also consider this a free bump for the morning crowd.

gcmj45acp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the bump and the advice. That's in line with my thinking but, it's based on my experience with my old Dodge. Not sure if the tranny was flushed when the valve body gave out last year at just under 35,000 but, I may have them flush it anyway. Anybody had a quote for swapping the plugs?

I am not working from the owners manual, but things I would personally consider are as follows:

Brake fluid Flush (I highly recommend that the brake fluid be fully flushed annually regardless of mileage, especially for those in colder climates)

Brakes if needed, if there is scoring, cracking, or anything of the sort on the rotors then it may be a good idea to go ahead and change them before they get worse.

Power steering flush (with transmission fluid)

Spark plugs.

Coolant (Go to Autozone or other auto parts store and use test strips to test it to find out if it needs flushed, if not then leave it alone.)

Transmission fluid (This is more personal choice than requirement. Modern transmission fluids are very good, even from the factory. You can test it with used oil analysis to be sure, or you can eyeball it. IT should be red and not have a smell, if it is brown or dark and smells burnt at all then definitely flush it. If you do flush it, make sure that you have someone that is qualified for doing a hotflush properly according to Ford service recommendations)

Transfer Case (Since it is transmission fluid, I would judge whether to change it according to what the tranny fluid in the transmission looks like.)

Differentials (If they have never been changed then I would definitely do that)

Clean your throttle body and MAF Sensor

Change your Fuel Filter, possibly run some injector cleaner through it unless someone here knows of a reason as to why you wouldn't do so.

Check your Air filter and replace as necessary.

I believe that just about covers it, but if I have anything wrong or if I have missed anything please forgive me, I don't have a copy of the owners manual to go off of. But you can also consider this a free bump for the morning crowd.

gcmj45acp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$1,300 later, all fluids have been swapped/flushed, MAF and injectors cleaned, tires rotated, the front rotors turned, new pads installed, and the truck washed. My ass is a little sore though.

JDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clkelley, our trucks have fuel filters that can be changed? It's not located in the tank?

I tried looking through the links at the beginning of the thread but they would not open.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clkelley, our trucks have fuel filters that can be changed? It's not located in the tank?

I tried looking through the links at the beginning of the thread but they would not open.

I believe so, look on the inside of you frame rail under your drivers seat or you can look right after the t-case to help find it.

I found the fuel filter listed below

Fuel Filter

Last edited: