Opinions on oil and filers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've tried to search the forum for some info on this, but I am new here (about 2 days experience!) and couldn't really find anything.

Im about to take my '12 6.2 in for oil change and wanted to bring them a filter and synthetic that might be a little higher quality than what the Ford dealerships offer, making my girl Pearl happier with me on the road (Pearl's her name :cool: )

Im located in Canada, HWY miles are what I put on it most, don't drive it too hard (but lets face it, she is a 6.2 and I will put the pedal down once and a while!!). I have been getting the Ford dealers to utilize the recommended synthetic in the owners manual and filter

I care about this truck more than I do myself, no joke, and thought some of you experts might have some pretty good experience/knowledge in this department. I seen a post about sending in oil samples to get analyzed, but it was a little over my head!!

Any help would be appreciated!

Happy RAPTOR Racing!

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been using Amsoil for YEARS in many different types and styles of vehicles. I use to use Mobile 1 before that. Opinions obviously vary according to most folks' personal experience. But I will make it very simple for you. Mobile 1, Amsoil, Royal Purple are the most popular and best synthetic oils on the market and as if you plan to change your oil at factory intervals, any of those would be a great choice.

As for the filters, if you want an OUTSTANDING filter, Amsoil EA oil filter EAO11 is what I use and many of my customers use with outstanding results. If you, like many here, want to stick with a Ford filter, don't get the regular motocraft filter. Do yourself a favor and get the "Ford Racing" filter. It is the only other filter on the market that is comparable to the Amsoil EA filters as far as how well they filter the oil without choking the engine.

If I can help with anything more, feel free to let me know. I can offer Amsoil or Royal Purple products.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like Royal Purple on 8-10K change intervals with a Bosch Distance Plus filter. I've seen the Bosch compared to the Amsoil filter on a few different sites. I believe they use similar filter media inside.

I also just put Royal Purple in the diffs and Mobile 1 in the transfer case. RP calls for their manual tranny synchromesh for the TC and I couldn't find it locally or I would have used that.

D

Deleted member 12951

I have been using Amsoil for YEARS in many different types and styles of vehicles. I use to use Mobile 1 before that. Opinions obviously vary according to most folks' personal experience. But I will make it very simple for you. Mobile 1, Amsoil, Royal Purple are the most popular and best synthetic oils on the market and as if you plan to change your oil at factory intervals, any of those would be a great choice.

As for the filters, if you want an OUTSTANDING filter, Amsoil EA oil filter EAO11 is what I use and many of my customers use with outstanding results. If you, like many here, want to stick with a Ford filter, don't get the regular motocraft filter. Do yourself a favor and get the "Ford Racing" filter. It is the only other filter on the market that is comparable to the Amsoil EA filters as far as how well they filter the oil without choking the engine.

If I can help with anything more, feel free to let me know. I can offer Amsoil or Royal Purple products.

I do recall seeing this on your website but it looks like you have updated it and no longer can see the AmsOil products.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score