Oil specs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Couldn't find anything in the search but that doesn't mean it isn't there. Curious if FORD will start putting full synthetic oil in the new Raptor or if they have been doing that already lately?

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 6.2 requires 5w-20 viscosity oils meeting spec WSS-M2C930-A. If you're using standard Motorcraft 5w-20, then it's a semisynthetic blend. Most typically "upgrade" to a full synthetic. Motorcraft has a full synthetic option along with all the other popular brands such as Amsoil, Pennzoil, Mobile1, etc.

Update: The spec I initially listed was superseded in late 2011 by spec WSS-M2C945-A which I believe basically calls for use of a fully synthetic 5w-20 extended range oil. So, I guess fully synthetic is recommended if you're going by the more recent spec. I got the original spec from my 2011 manual.

Update 2: Additional info also states that the newer Ford spec basically updated the older spec to handle the shift from the API SM spec to the SN spec. Bottom line is that if you're using any oil that's API SN spec and the proper viscosity, you should be good to go. The synthetic vs semisynthetic aspect is likely only a major consideration if you are severe service and/or extended drain intervals.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 6.2 requires 5w-20 viscosity oils meeting spec WSS-M2C930-A. If you're using standard Motorcraft 5w-20, then it's a semisynthetic blend. Most typically "upgrade" to a full synthetic. Motorcraft has a full synthetic option along with all the other popular brands such as Amsoil, Pennzoil, Mobile1, etc.
Yes, I'm using 5/20 motorcraft oil, guess I should read the label next time.

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Mobil 1 5w20, if I had one quart of 5w30 and added it to the next oil change. Bad idea ?

OP
OP
CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use Mobil 1 5w20, if I had one quart of 5w30 and added it to the next oil change. Bad idea ?
I've always heard it's not a good idea to mix different grades, I don't think it's going to kill your engine one time, but in really cold weather it could, my 0.02