Oil Life Concern?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TScozz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, so on Thursday, I had some warranty work getting done at the dealer. I went ahead and had them change the oil too. I was getting fuel this morning, and while I was resetting everything, I noticed my oil life read "29%"

I know this isn't the be all, but I have only put on approximately 150 miles since they performed an oil change, or did they?

Anyone have this issue? Thanks for any input!

9201cb6cc93a0ff6ec5d6693fac1ae6e.jpg

ba308eeece5526df6480d5effe99d2e3.jpg

OP
OP
TScozz

TScozz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, that was my initial thought, but wanted to hear it from the experts here. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Pyro3601

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bet skippy the lube tech didn't reset if as zeke mentioned. take a quick peek see if theres evidence of a recent oil change, nice clean oil filter ect. then reset that oil light

Gears

Reaction score
Not the lube guys job to reset your oil life, unless you request it. I personally don't like anyone messing around my dash settings. I handle it my self.

Pyro3601

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Gears you guys must do it different where you are. At the our dealer it's expected that our lube techs reset the minders on every vehicle. Don't think I have ever herd anyone complain for resetting it. However not resetting it, they will complain every time

Ingot SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was it an Autonation express service? Go back to dealer and request your oil and filter be changed!!!!!!They didn't reset the light so how do you know they changed your oil??? Question there process who was supposed to rest it? And why is it not reset. They have no ground to stand on ball is in your court! This happens all to often someone needs to be held accountable.

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My oil reset is set at 100% currently.

If I want the oil light indicator to come on when 10% oil life is remaining, do I just simply select the "10%" box in the menu to achieve this?

Thanks

David