Oem rotors with ebc pads??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YAMAHATOO

Reaction score
Can i run EBC brake pads on the OEM rotors with no problems? It is time to do brake pads @ 54k miles ... not really trying to replace rotors if possible, esp not 4 hundred plus dollar ones in the front, so i would run OEM if at all, opinions are welcome THANKS

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yes you can run ebc pads on stock rotors. As with any after market pad you should expect higher rotor wear rates no matter what rotors you have.

PGLMike

Reaction score
I just installed EBC Yellow Stuff pads on the stock rotors. Been on for a couple of weeks now and they are a bit noisy during break in but seem to be quieting down. Mostly stop and go traffic, when bumper to bumper, the last second or two until coming to a complete stop I get a squeal. Other than that, way happy. Figured I would machine the stock rotors until I "needed" or could make up my mind on the rotors I want.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just installed EBC Yellow Stuff pads on the stock rotors. Been on for a couple of weeks now and they are a bit noisy during break in but seem to be quieting down. Mostly stop and go traffic, when bumper to bumper, the last second or two until coming to a complete stop I get a squeal. Other than that, way happy. Figured I would machine the stock rotors until I "needed" or could make up my mind on the rotors I want.
Just remember you should always install new pads with new rotors so you dont wear the rotors the same way as the old ones.

OP
OP
Y

YAMAHATOO

Reaction score
cool, thanks for replies, no iam thinkn about getting stainless lines with the r1 concepts rotors and run ebc with that , anyone run the stainless lines?

Wvraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran the green stuff pads with stock rotors. They worked great there really was a performance gain but I couldn't take the brake dust. It would cover my wheels in literally a day or two after a wash. A week my wheels would be completely black. Pulled them off and went back to OEM pads. I'm happy.

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've tried the EBC pads and 2 other pad compounds on the stock rotors. There was little to no performance gain from just changing the pads EXCEPT the auto-cross compound pads that were completely used up along with the rotors after only 15k miles. Those pads really made a huge difference but not worth the trade off of high dust and quick wear.

If I had to do it all over I would keep the stock set up until I had the money to go with the Baer kit that RPG just developed.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/atta...pgrade-screen-shot-2014-10-15-12.54.12-pm.jpg

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f24/brake-upgrade-33660/index4.html

Sethrad

Reaction score
Does anyone know which manufacturer produces the stock pads? I was told that these may be Akebono’s lower end pad...but I can’t confirm this. I able to find out that Akebono makes OE pads for Ford...just not sure what vehicles.

Sean Popejoy

Reaction score
I just got my 2013 Raptor spring of 2020. It has about 73,*** miles on it and i am about to do the Rotors myself. The stock OEM Motorcraft rotor part number on the website is BRR227 for Front Rotors and BRRF295 for the Rear Rotors. Local dealerships were selling the fronts for about $85 and the rears for about $100. Hope that helps you out.