Noise upon Take Off...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 14' SCREW and my buddy has a 13' Screw, and I noticed just about 3 months ago, upon take off, a little bit of a “noise” that almost sounds likes a suspension squeak or movement that was definitely NOT there since Thanksgiving of 2013 when I first got the truck...

My buddy's truck is worse...same exact noise, but it does it when you brake too...so I would assume suspension parts rubbing...

it's NOT a clunk, and it's NOT viscous or anything, but just an annoyance more than anything.

I had a local shop lube a bunch of things, but no difference, and this was after a Vendor had said: I had that with my 2011. I took it to the dealership and they greased the front pinion yoke on the drive shaft. But the sound ((Kind of like a "womp womp" sound) was back within a couple of weeks. I ordered some Amsoil grease and lubed the crap out of it and haven't heard it again since and that was about 8-10 months ago. Check out the grease below and get that pinion yoke greased and see if that helps.

AMSOIL Synthetic Polymeric Off-Road Grease, NLGI #2

Any thoughts?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try lubing the rear springs. Can you tell if it's from the front or the rear? Would help narrow it down!

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Craziest thing, the back of my truck used to squeak when i put the truck in drive and rolled forward. I sprayed the tailgate latches with wd 40 and the noise went away, give it a shot

OP
OP
B

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, I did have to lithium grease my tailgate last week so the wife could open it...ha ha...I will have to see if the noise is any better, b/c come to think of it I can't remember since I have not driven the truck that much this week ;-)

OP
OP
B

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Craziest thing, the back of my truck used to squeak when i put the truck in drive and rolled forward. I sprayed the tailgate latches with wd 40 and the noise went away, give it a shot

I cannot believe this, but apparently the Tailgate was causing this...it seems to be gone after white lithium grease sprayed onto the end mechanisms on both sides...very odd...but if that was it, great!!!

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha yes!!!!!!!!!!! Thats about 3 people whose problems i have solved know. Man i am going to be a mod any day now! i can feel it!