New Used Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am going to look at a used 2013 Raptor with 1,045 miles in the morning. I don't know if it ever had the break in oil changed. So if I buy it, would it be a good idea to go a head and change the oil after I get it home? Also what synthetic oil should I use ie brand, or does it matter? Thanks

Jobsitefish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to look at a used 2013 Raptor with 1,045 miles in the morning. I don't know if it ever had the break in oil changed. So if I buy it, would it be a good idea to go a head and change the oil after I get it home? Also what synthetic oil should I use ie brand, or does it matter? Thanks

I would change it at 2000.

I used Mobil 1 Synthetic on my previous truck. After further research I decided to go with Amsoil fully synthetic all the way with the Raptor. I am even using the Amsoil filter. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

I would contact Freedom Motorsports on our vendor section, excellent customer service and they can get you all the Amsoil stuff.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am about to do mine with Mobil1 full syn and a motocraft filter. Amsoil has good stuff just didn't have time to wait for my dealer to bring in the oil I needed. Next oil change I will try out amsoil and see which I like better.

dfelicia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am about to do mine with Mobil1 full syn and a motocraft filter. Amsoil has good stuff just didn't have time to wait for my dealer to bring in the oil I needed. Next oil change I will try out amsoil and see which I like better.

Just did the same on mine. Walmart prices can't be beaten for Motorcraft and Mobile 1. Amsoil is crazy expensive, and I would never be able to let my engine go more than 5k miles before changing the oil regardless of how super duper the oil is supposed to be.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can guarantee you if there is grades of oil walmart is selling the lowest one.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

in other words if you assume it's synthetic you better read the label.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mobil 1 is mobil 1 no matter who sells it. Walmart just has the purchasing power to get it at a lower price.

dfelicia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can guarantee you if there is grades of oil walmart is selling the lowest one.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

in other words if you assume it's synthetic you better read the label.

It's the same Mobile 1 you buy everywhere else... not the same thing with oil as tools and other merch. eg Dewalt from Home Cheapo is not the real deal, but oil is oil.