new Rotors and pads R1's vs Stage3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@ittybittyfds I just switched to the R1 Concepts brake pads a rotors that I bought from @Chris@FreedomMotorsports about 2 months ago and I can honestly say that they are the best brake setup I've had on any of my trucks period. The performance difference from the stock setup is night and day and I would definitely recommend giving them a try. Chris is great to do business with and they were at my door in less than a week. Just my opinion.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
My R1 package will be in the mail next week, SWEET. I can't wait to see the difference for myself

I couldn't believe the difference myself... OEM's had 34k and slight brake warp in the front.

The R1's had a "softer" initial brake bite (IMHO) which caused me to hit the brakes harder and damn these things pulled the Raptor down to a fast stop. I got used to the new feel pretty quickly and love the way the brakes work now.

Just a few days after installing these I took my 7500lbs. toybox over the Sierra Mountains up to ROC Fest and the R1's performed great. No fade or excessive heat.

Attachments

• IMG_1859.jpg
    IMG_1859.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1860.jpg
    IMG_1860.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 135

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I couldn't believe the difference myself... OEM's had 34k and slight brake warp in the front.

The R1's had a "softer" initial brake bite (IMHO) which caused me to hit the brakes harder and damn these things pulled the Raptor down to a fast stop. I got used to the new feel pretty quickly and love the way the brakes work now.

Just a few days after installing these I took my 7500lbs. toybox over the Sierra Mountains up to ROC Fest and the R1's performed great. No fade or excessive heat.
Yeah those look sweet. My truck has 32k and shakes like a **** when slowing down. It's gotten progressively worse so I got some from Chris

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question: do the holes and slots cause problems with dirt and rocks?

No. I have run the same combo on two Raptors, countless offroad miles in both the Raptors and many other trucks, up to and including offroading while loading pumpkins and Christmas trees on logging trails and mud trails on farms and never once had an issue where that is concerned. That being said, IF you get bogged down in deep thick mud, you may want to clean them out, but that is the same with any brake rotor that has internal "cooling veins" between the sides.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When he says load ^ he means a load not one tree or a few pumpkins. Lol

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

I painted my calipers blue