New 6.2L Raptor Whipple S/C...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this yet?

62RaptorWhipple.jpg

They say:

"Sneak peak of the new Raptor, F150, F250 6.2L Supercharger system....... Front feed 2.9L SC, GT500 throttle body, massive air-to-water intercooler. 650+ HP......."

OP
OP
FordFanStan

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For once on these applications they are starting to use front feed and spin it via jack-shaft. Much better IMO, as long as they use a quality jack-shaft material. Carbon Fiber would be nice and save weight.

These 2.9 compressors are already proven in the 5.4 4v GT500 crowd too, they put the power down and the Whipple have always been great with lower IAT2. They don't heat up near as much as the KB's or other twin screws. This should be a very nice setup for the 6.2 guys. I wouldn't hesitate to install one of these if I had a 6.2, but the tuner is going to make ALL the difference. FFS

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
650+HP sounds great! And I'll bet it will sound great too :D

The total installed cost and warranty issues are not so great and getting even lower MPGs wouldn't be good. But all that power! :thumbsup:

neveo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this yet?

62RaptorWhipple.jpg

They say:

"Sneak peak of the new Raptor, F150, F250 6.2L Supercharger system....... Front feed 2.9L SC, GT500 throttle body, massive air-to-water intercooler. 650+ HP......."

Is there a link to this information

neveo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wonder if this would allow me to keep a small winch with an ADD stealth bumper ?

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
650+HP sounds great! And I'll bet it will sound great too :D

The total installed cost and warranty issues are not so great and getting even lower MPGs wouldn't be good. But all that power! :thumbsup:
Whipple is cheaper then everyone else. Lethal Performance does several group buys a year. You can install this kit in your garage. Unless you are full boost all the time your MPGs won't change. Whipple also has the lowest parasitic drain compared to other blowers.

OP
OP
FordFanStan

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And they said:

"Cost should be mid 6k range for complete and less for tuner kits."

and:

"Rear inlet is much tougher to fit because of huge alternator and firewall."

OP
OP
FordFanStan

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wonder if this would allow me to keep a small winch with an ADD stealth bumper ?

I don't see any reason why this area would be affected. Whipple likes, (because it's what this type of s/c combo needs) to run Air 2 Water intercoolers to help keep the IAT2s down. An A2A setup for this type of application would not help nearly as much. With this in mind it shouldn't have anything in the way of your bumper and hitch area.

OP
OP
FordFanStan

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whipple is cheaper then everyone else. Lethal Performance does several group buys a year. You can install this kit in your garage. Unless you are full boost all the time your MPGs won't change. Whipple also has the lowest parasitic drain compared to other blowers.

+1 to all the above. Supposedly someone said GotTorq has the order placed for the first one, but I know Jared (the owner of LP) well and Lethal Performance will have great deals on these and that will be the best place to purchase them. Not to mention, Lethal will hands down have the best customer service of ANY other distributor. I have probably spent close to $15k with Lethal and never once had a hiccup of any sort.

The hardest thing on most of the Whipple installs is accessing those pesky 6 nuts on the bottom of the blower that mounts it to the lower intake adapter. I've even did a back to back test from a KB 2.6 to Whip 3.4 and the IAT2s were about 40* cooler, with the same ambient temps (IAT1s), same boost, same spark on the same engine. Whipple's newest Gen2 rotor design frees up some of that power it takes to spin the twin screw. I like the appearance of the KB's billet case more, but Whipple is by far the better performing Twin Screw for late model applications IMHO. FFS