Need recommendation for pipe/tube bender

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess hydraulics and dye's included to 2" tube and square is preferred. Used is fine. Home garage metal working shop...

Any recommendations? Not an unlimited budget...

Thanks!
Phy

OP
OP
Phyguy

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
YEah I saw that one in my research. 300 bucks isn't bad, but the friggin dye sets are almost twice that. Good (probably the best) option and probably one I will work towards...

locouno

Reaction score
i have one made by baileigh which i bought used via ebay was using a friends bender made by jet stood on three legs with hand pump which he used for making boat tops. If had none and was looking for one for ocasional use jet would be my route. Check ebay saw some nice stuff when i was looking for mine

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stay away from anything that is for bending pipe. Pipe is for plumbing and tube is for trucks

Why? I have pipe dies for my Baileigh RDB-250... Pipe sizes are based off the ID, like 2'' schedule 40 is going to be 2.375 OD, and have a wall thickness of about 3/16'' , so typically pipe is going to be overkill for using on a truck, thats why you wouldn't use it. However, there are some places where pipe sizes could come in handy because of constraints on space. For instance, you could use 1.5'' seamless pipe on an rollcage beacuse the OD is 1.9'' and the wall thickness is slightly over 1/8'' which is still going to be plenty strong enough, but its going to give you slightly more room to put tubes, back in behind dashes, or above headliners. You may need to adjust your tangents due to it being thicker but there are charts with formulas to calculate that.
But what do I know.....

Heres a writeup done about WSI and our bender.

High End Off Road Fab: White Star Industries | Baileigh

OP
OP
Phyguy

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
wife got me a hydraulic pipe bender for our anniversary. metal working shop coming together nicely. Thanks, babe.

970638_10200651948134893_2138136443_n.jpg