Need help. Paint peeling on left fender flare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoot29576

Reaction score
I have some paint peeling off the left front fender flare. It's a 2014 screw, have 22,000 miles purchased it new. I took to my local dealership and was told that they could not cover it under wArranty because it's been touched up before. Would the original dealer have tried to cover something up by painting the flare before selling as new, do I have any reason to be upset, is this a normal occurrence?

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well if they did and didn't disclose it that is illegal. But the ball is in your court to prove it. Does the original dealer have a body shop? Might want to give them a call 1st and see if any service history on your vin. Idiots might set them self up. Good luck. Pretty sure the stock flares are impregnated with color and not painted though.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They're painted. Found out when I took the vinyl off and it ripped paint off.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

OP
OP
H

Hoot29576

Reaction score
Cool. Appreciate the help. I'll call the shop tommorow and try the vin deal. I assumed that they were just the gray color, not painted. Will see what happens tommorow.
Thanks!

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something's definatly fishy. Why would a dealer modify a brand new Raptor? Interested in hearing their excuse. I would be looking for some answers PDQ. Good luck and thanks for sharing.

Edit; I've always thought they weren't painted, but colored plastic.
Could be mistaken.

Last edited:

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had all 4 of my fender flares replaced under warranty this spring. Even though I had dings and scuffs on them, the places the paint was peeling or chipping away was enough to get it done. Dealer took photos and replaced them all a few days later and when they arrived. No issues

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah the front fenders are plastic colored, not painted. I figured that out the first week I owned the truck as the colors will be a little off at different light angles when you look at painted metal vs. molded colored plastic.

michealj

Reaction score
I have had a few spots on my 2013 peel up. Mine seem to be right where the flair meets the body. So far mine is not to bad and you have to have a magnifying lens to find it.