My first Oil Change.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheGreatDew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck is a year old (It doesn't get many miles) I rotate driving to work with my dad so im lucky to get 5000 milles on a truck in a year.

Im at 4000 at the moment, I am reading the owners manual and getting myself all confused....

Does this truck come from the factory with synthetic oil in it? Orrrr is it a Synthetic Blend?

Battlefront

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It comes with Motorcraft synthetic blend.
Motorcraft also makes a full Synthetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ricky B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just drain the blend and put in the full. Just went full synthetic on my 2014. I changed at 1000 miles to get the original oil out. They say you don't have to do that these days, but I'm old school when it comes to 1st oil change.

OP
OP
T

TheGreatDew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just drain the blend and put in the full. Just went full synthetic on my 2014. I changed at 1000 miles to get the original oil out. They say you don't have to do that these days, but I'm old school when it comes to 1st oil change.

Really? I have to be honest I've never had the opportunity to have a REAL first oil change this is my first brand new vehicle ever. And anytime I did my old trucks oil I just put in standard oil....Synthetic is new to me =P

So its just that easy? The residue of the old oil isn't going to like explode inside my engine? lol A few of the old timers I work with tell me that all the time about going from normal to synthetic. I always assumed you had to kind of flush the old oil out but I guess since the original is a blend thats not the case?

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup. That easy. I bought used and they had been using the blend. Just did my first oil change with full synthetic. Made me feel better even though the truck probably won't care.

OP
OP
T

TheGreatDew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup. That easy. I bought used and they had been using the blend. Just did my first oil change with full synthetic. Made me feel better even though the truck probably won't care.

I tell myself my raptor appreciates everything I do for it. But then again I am just insane.

I may just do the synthetic now you guys have me all interested in this....It sounds too good to be true in my head. =P

Battlefront

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tell myself my raptor appreciates everything I do for it. But then again I am just insane.

I may just do the synthetic now you guys have me all interested in this....It sounds too good to be true in my head. =P

Your truck does appreciate everything you do for it! :).
I plan on going the full synthetic route soon in my truck also, including both differentials and transfer case.
I plan on going with Amsoil. If you go that route get it from Chris @ Freedom Motor Sports, he is a vendor here.
Good Luck and Enjoy the Ride!!!