My First Oil Change 2013 SCREW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juanchy21MIA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This will be my first oil change for my 2013 Raptor, it will be at 16,000 miles. What oil and filter do you guys recommend?

I have always used Mobil 1 Synthetic oil and Mobil 1 filters on my other vehicles.

D

Deleted member 12951

You are still running on factory oil? Or do you mean you bought the raptor used and this is your first oil change since you owned it?

I've been running the Ford semi-synthetic with Ford filter. Mobil 1 is good too or others here are using AMSOIL or Royal Purple.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Phew. I thought this was the trucks first oil change, ever.

Im using an original Ford filter and running Redline.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mobil 1 Extended !!!

Filter, either Mobil 1 Extended Performance or the Ford Racing.

I switched from Mobil 1 to the Extended two oil changes ago and I see a difference in my oil catch can.
The oil is staying cleaner longer and a slight (.25) mpg gain as well.

Last edited:

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mobil 1 Extended !!!

Filter, either Mobil 1 Extended Performance or the Ford Racing.

I switched from Mobil 1 to the Extended two oil changes ago and I see a difference in my oil catch can.
The oil is staying cleaner longer and a slight (.25) mpg gain as well.

Do you mean that you're seeing less oil in the catch can with the Extended Performance than the regular Mobil 1?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Less of the brown milky crap!!!
The small amount of oil ( a 1/4 tea spoon if that) in 500+ miles or so is about the same.

I'm still working on filling a 4 oz. glass in a year and half (about 9000 miles), it's only half full.
I don't get the amounts some of you guys are getting.
Could be the BP 93 octane and the Mobil 1 combination.

And I do a lot of short trips, average 14 miles that can take 45 minutes at times.

Last edited: