Magnetic Drain Plug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know what size the factory oil pan drain plug is? I did the first oil change yesterday, noted that Ford did not include a magnet in our plug. Would like to add one just for a little extra insurance.

Thanks.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe MTUH3 has added such witchcraft to his Raptor. Send him a message

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^^Interested as well. what a great idea. I have one in the lower unit of my boat, and they do work. I've never heard of though about putting one in the Raptors oil pan.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I always thought they were a great idea and added them to past rides but heard something in the last few years that made me stop using them. Apparently as the metal infested clump grows, the top can and will break off and now you have a clump of metal moving through your engine.

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I always thought they were a great idea and added them to past rides but heard something in the last few years that made me stop using them. Apparently as the metal infested clump grows, the top can and will break off and now you have a clump of metal moving through your engine.

Yeah, I guess I could see that of you had premature deterioration an internal component, but I wouldn't think that would be the case in most normal conditions. It would take a significant amount of metal to form a large clump as you refer to.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score

That's why you clean it at every oil change.

I'd be interested in one as well.