Low Overflow Coolant Level when Cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheTeej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Then just add some coolant idiot"

Yeah, I know. I apologize ahead of time for the ridiculous question - I just dont want the simple act of topping off coolant to cause more issues by mixing the wrong types.

Problem is, I picked up the truck used with 34k miles on it. I imagine what is in it is OEM motorcraft orange (which is what I just bought a jug of), but am a little nervous if that is not the case. Any reason I should be concerned mixing motorcraft orange w/ the orange colored coolant that is already there?

Pics are with warm engine btw. When cold you can barely see coolant in the tank

014_zpshpalnrkl.jpg

015_zpsmxzv7u9y.jpg

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"Then just add some coolant idiot"

Yeah, I know. I apologize ahead of time for the ridiculous question - I just dont want the simple act of topping off coolant to cause more issues by mixing the wrong types.

Problem is, I picked up the truck used with 34k miles on it. I imagine what is in it is OEM motorcraft orange (which is what I just bought a jug of), but am a little nervous if that is not the case. Any reason I should be concerned mixing motorcraft orange w/ the orange colored coolant that is already there?

You've had or have a leak somewhere. I've got nearly 69k on my truck and never added any coolant.

The new coolants don't evaporate like in the old days. Just not that much water in them anymore, and the systems are pretty well sealed up.

I'd do a thorough check after the next drive you take. Bright daylight is the best time and some nice clean concrete to show drips.....

Good luck!!!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like Kool-Aid , I would just add the motorcraft stuff and keep an eye on it, shouldn't drop.