Loose lugs??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So yesterday I had my tires rotated by a tire shop near me. I don't have a floor jack tall enough to do it myself. Which I ways like to do most all general maintenance myself so I know it's done right and to avoid what think I now have as a problem.

I went around it today checking the lugs with my torque wrench. They all checked out at 100 ft/lbs. Three of them however on the back driver's side all next to each other have some play loose and tight to the fingers. I checked them again and all torqued down as required but still have this play. Some are as much as maybe an 1/8th inch amount of play.

Did they just run the lugs in going in a circle and not alternating? Could this be caused by the wheel not sitting on the hub correctly? Is this not even a problem?

I took a video but won't let me upload, wrong type or some shit.

OP
OP
Mike175

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are stock lugs. I was wondering if there was a covering on them. I thought though they were solid. I may be wrong on that.

OP
OP
Mike175

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So guessing it's the sleeve as I was also having a hell of a time getting my socket on and off. Just strange it is three right nextto each other. Is there a way to tell for sure?
If it is in fact the sleeves am I good to run it? Should I be looking for new lugs?

OP
OP
Mike175

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Indeed sirs you are correct I just checked the owners manual it is indeed 150. Not sure where I got 100 from, I think that's the wife's focus.

All checked out to 150. Still sloppy as hell...what to do from here???