Long Trip Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svtdreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I have a 2010 Raptor with the 6.2, At this moment it has 27,000 miles on it. Here in a few months I will be leaving Anchorage Alaska and doing a cross country move and fun road trip. Looking to put around 6 to 8 thousand miles within a 30 day period. I will not be towing anything and will have just a few bags or so. My question to all of you is What should I do to the truck before I take this trip? Any feedback would be awesome and I would be grateful.

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Change / check / top off all fluids. Bring along extra just in case. Grab a tow strap. Check your tires. Just general maintenance. You should be fine.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it were ME, I'd change the oil before and after the trip. But that's me, and I'm weird that way. I'm excessively compulsive about my cars. I'd do a tranny flush after the trip (also unnecessary but more for my peace of mind), maybe even a rotate and balance.

Pampering my Raptor is therapeutic...

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with ZBoater. I would have the oil changed and a quick inspection done. I would probably go for a trans flush/ service if you were towing or really loading it down.
I think your biggest problem is having a high enough limit on your credit card to cover your fuel expense : )

OP
OP
S

svtdreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I figured the regular maintenance stuff would apply, Thought about doing the trans flush before the trip but that's what you guys are for lol figuring out the necessary things.
NV Guy- The government is paying for most of my trip so no worries on money haha but I will be stopping in Las Vegas for about 4 days or so

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Changing the oil before the trip is a good idea, or find a place to change it along the way.

Not sure why you would need a tranny flush just for some road miles?

Edit: maybe add the radiator bug screen.

Check your spare tire pressure.

Get some good road music.

I've done multiple long road trips in the truck. It's quite comfortable. Don't forget to post some pics.
Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

svtdreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yukon- The bug screen sounds like a pretty good idea and I will def get a lot of pictures of the Raptor in different areas. Hopefully meet up with some of the forum guys in different cities on my way as well.

OP
OP
S

svtdreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im leaving Anchorage and heading to Las Vegas, so whatever is in between there ill be stopping since it is a 3 day trip. From Vegas its about 60 hours to Kentucky, so between there ill be stopping a few times. Not sure where ill be stationed for another couple of months so from Kentucky not sure yet. No actual routes planned but that's just a general idea of the routes ill be headed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free