License plate light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glenbartley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found that one of my license plate lights was out. When I tried to remove it then it broke. Found the socket all corroded and stuck. I'm thinking I need a whole new socket and bulb. Any suggestions on the socket and I would love led bulbs so I never need to replace these again.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Found that one of my license plate lights was out. When I tried to remove it then it broke. Found the socket all corroded and stuck. I'm thinking I need a whole new socket and bulb. Any suggestions on the socket and I would love led bulbs so I never need to replace these again.

LED bulb replacements are now extremely common at parts stores - right next to the normal lights.

As for the socket, I'm sorry to say, my guess is that that will be a dealer thing for a new one. I do wonder if some aftermarket bumpers maybe have their own and therefore folks may have them laying around? Same thing happened to my last truck (Dodge) and I just jerry rigged it for the remainder of its life!