Leaking strut, cracked CV boot @ 19K miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buyfire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my '14 in for an oil change and the tech found that my right front Fox shock is leaking as well as the left CV boot is cracking. Luckily, I'm still under factory warranty. Has this been an issue for many here? Seems pretty early to start worrying about such issues cropping up. Should I also be pushing the dealer to replace the left strut?

BTW: The search bar is useless on this forum.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1) There are no struts on a raptor.

2) Send your right shock out for a rebuild for about ~$150 or buy a new one for ~$450

3) No need to worry about the right one, just send it for a rebuild when it starts to leak.

Shocks should be serviced regularly, fox says 25k miles for off road service or 50k for on road. Interval really varies based on usage though.

OP
OP
B

buyfire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) There are no struts on a raptor.

I thought it was odd that the service writer referred to it as a strut, but I figured, who am I to question the "professional"?

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took my '14 in for an oil change and the tech found that my right front Fox shock is leaking as well as the left CV boot is cracking. Luckily, I'm still under factory warranty. Has this been an issue for many here? Seems pretty early to start worrying about such issues cropping up. Should I also be pushing the dealer to replace the left strut?

BTW: The search bar is useless on this forum.
u gotta use the search button on red tool menu next to faq. the white box with go button doesnt search the site.

Last edited: