Installed the AFE Diff Cover Today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had my mad hytec cover for a while now and love it! At the time it was the only one out. I think it's personal preference on which one to get but I did noise the mag hytec cover is cheaper than the afe one and the only difference I see is the sight glass lol

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Yea joe pretty straight forward! But do not be surprised in what you might ind in the rear diff! My fluid was literally like chocolate milk! No large metal pieces or shavings just usual wear and year sparkle I did mine when I hit 45k ad I'm now at 67k I might check the fluid before TRR! Maybe do a flush and fill just to make sure the fluids nice an fresh for a good beating at trr

Does it have internal fins also?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
nick yes i believe it does

joe i did that same thing i ran it up and between the can and the bed and secured it there with a zip tie and it has stayed there ever since. i check my fluid pretty often with the dip stick and it still looks like diff fluid haha a little dirty cause i probably didn't flush all the old fluid out but works like a charm

OP
OP
TargetBow

TargetBow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it have internal fins also?

Hey Nick:

Yes it has internal fins, here is a link which I hope I don't get in trouble posting which has different views of the cover and a few of them show the internal fins. If this link is not allowed please let me know and I will delete it, but this is the only way I knew to show you the pics because I forgot to take a few of the cover before the install.
2011-2014 F150 EcoBoost aFe Rear Differential Cover (9.75") 46-70152

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
nick yes i believe it does

joe i did that same thing i ran it up and between the can and the bed and secured it there with a zip tie and it has stayed there ever since. i check my fluid pretty often with the dip stick and it still looks like diff fluid haha a little dirty cause i probably didn't flush all the old fluid out but works like a charm

Thanks

Hey Nick:

Yes it has internal fins, here is a link which I hope I don't get in trouble posting which has different views of the cover and a few of them show the internal fins. If this link is not allowed please let me know and I will delete it, but this is the only way I knew to show you the pics because I forgot to take a few of the cover before the install.
2011-2014 F150 EcoBoost aFe Rear Differential Cover (9.75") 46-70152

Thank u but I was asking about the mag tech. I knew about the afe one but that is good pics of it so thank u

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me speculating but being that AFE makes intakes for the most part I would imagine that Mag Hytec probably builds them their rear end covers and puts the AFE name on it. I may be wrong but they sure do look similar....

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yes they look similar thats because you have a certain bolt pattern you have to follow in order for it to fit right so your design options are limited.