How To: Locate the 6R80 Transmission Dip Stick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
UPDATE: When I dropped the pan on my 2011 I captured the fluid (it took three drain pans, but I spilled very little on the floor), and the amount drained was 5 1/2 quarts.

Attachments

• aFe7.jpg
    aFe7.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 175

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Short Youtube vid on checking the transmission fluid on an EcoBoost truck. Transmission pan looks the same and the dipstick is the same as that on the 6R80 transmission on the Raptor, so I believe this is directly applicable. This gent says that the "A" area is for cold (running) and the "B" area is for hot (running).

checking the F150 EcoBoost transmission fluid-JoeTheAutoGuy - YouTube

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dumb question, but do you check the trans fluid level with the engine running or off?

Dicer07

Reaction score
thats pretty interesting i thought it didnt have one nice to know

on another note had dealership tell me that there is a pressure release valve on transmission in case of over filling or heating true false ? they told me that was why i would occasionally see transmission oil under my truck. i just thought it was kinda odd that they would just have it run on to the road.