How to clean a Roush CAI filter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered a spare to have handy. Mine looks grungy so I'm swapping it for a new one. How do I clean this? These don't look like they use oil or recharge kits, but I could be wrong. Any recommendations?

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked it up on their site, and they said to use a standard recharge kit, so I bought one from Autozone, and took care of it.

6.2Canadian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a spare to have handy. Mine looks grungy so I'm swapping it for a new one. How do I clean this? These don't look like they use oil or recharge kits, but I could be wrong. Any recommendations?

Where did you order your spare filter ??

helmer

Reaction score
Seeing as you have a spare one. Could you measure it up for me. Or tell me what the part number is. I've been looking at putting a Donaldson powercore in there instead. Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seeing as you have a spare one. Could you measure it up for me. Or tell me what the part number is. I've been looking at putting a Donaldson powercore in there instead. Thanks

Yup, will do. It looks like an AirRaid filter will also fit so I'm also curious to know.

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The base is 7 1/2", the inside diameter of the flange is 6" wide, it is 6" tall and the top is 4" wide. I don't understand why it got so dirty with just a couple thousand miles...

a2etebuh.jpg

a4uby5ar.jpg

ze6arede.jpg

The closest Airaid filter is

6 7 1/4 4 3/4 6 700-466 701-466 700-466RD 700-466TD

It's a tight fit already, so I'm not positive this one would fit. It should. But is costs the same as the one with the Roush logo on the top, so the search for a cheap replacement filter for the Roush CAI seems to have hit a dead end...

Last edited: