guys should we ... !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hamadinho83

Reaction score
Hi guys need advice from the experience should we Leane the engine until 1000 miles for example. No off roading no speed more the 120 km per hours etc.. before 1000 miles & after that we use the raptor normally??

Cuz I get my new 2012 RAPTOR and need that info GUYS …

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Brochacho....you must understand that this truck is Broseidon Lord of the Brocean. So brofore you go and taco it in the desert, take off your flatbill sit down on the brofa and heed our words.

So my little brotato your Raptor should definetly be BROken in before heavy use offBROad. As for the how; your BROwners manual should answer that one Bro Jackson.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a few different schools of thought on the break in. Hard vs. Soft vs. Normal driving, etc.

Personally I did a soft 750 mile break in on this truck. Kept my RPMs low in the beginning, then I worked on trying to get through the gears at low RPMs, worked on coming to full stops, etc. then after 750 miles I did an oil flush to make sure and get any tiny metal shavings out of the engine and then switched to full synthetic. After that I started driving normally (which for me is on the aggressive side) and then after another 250 miles I started offroading and really hitting it hard in the desert.

As to whether or not that was the best approach, I don't know, but it seemed to work well for me.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Like BO different schools of though on this one, personally I would stick to the soft side of driving till its broken in. The worst thing you could probably do is drive it at the same RPM for an extended period of time.

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going with Bojangles on this one. I feel thats the way to do it, definitely change the oil after about 1k miles (1600km) as you break-in. Good luck dude!!, congrats on your Raptor!!