Front suspension work needed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I had my oil changed yesterday and the tech recommended I replace the left side tie rod. Now with the premium care extended warranty, it will cost me $100.

Here's where it gets interesting... The service guy then ask, what else I would like done? Are there any other issues I would like to have addressed while the truck is in the shop? Hint, hint, nudge, nudge!!!

So what, if anything would you have them "look" at? I'm hoping to have them align it, they would have to check the toe anyways. I know some guy's have had issues with their steering rack and maybe the CV's/half shafts/IWE's.

What would you recommend?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had both of my tie rods replaced under warranty, a couple of years ago, at the same time I had them flush the steering fluid, it does go bad quickly on raptors that go offroad.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I had my oil changed yesterday and the tech recommended I replace the left side tie rod. Now with the premium care extended warranty, it will cost me $100.

Here's where it gets interesting... The service guy then ask, what else I would like done? Are there any other issues I would like to have addressed while the truck is in the shop? Hint, hint, nudge, nudge!!!

So what, if anything would you have them "look" at? I'm hoping to have them align it, they would have to check the toe anyways. I know some guy's have had issues with their steering rack and maybe the CV's/half shafts/IWE's.

What would you recommend?

Alignment is not covered under warranty/esp normally so see if they will do a full one as they are changing a component that will require an alignment at some level.

As for other things:

* Transmission check
* Full steering system check
* Front suspension check (bushings and bearings in control arms etc, shock leaks)
* Any interior issues (broken switches (i had the front window lock switch break), nav lights, electronics)
* Water ingress in lights
* Any TSB's that apply to your model year that you may feel affect you

Or just any issue you have at all, $100 deductible is probably less than the normal diagnostic fee for any other issues you have now or in the future and you may as well try to get as much done as possible now.

OP
OP
TheJoker

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check the torque on the lower shock mount bolts 4-6 ft lbs mine was not close to that.

I set them myself, to 406 lb-ft, more or less haha, when I set them to mid perch.

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

I had both of my tie rods replaced under warranty, a couple of years ago, at the same time I had them flush the steering fluid, it does go bad quickly on raptors that go offroad.

I actually had a high pressure power steering line replaced earlier this year. I wish that they replaced the tie rods back then. These $100 deductibles are killing me. Lol