Front Drive Shaft Boot Replacement???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricky

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me?

I've just put my 2010 Raptor into my local Ford Dealership here in Dubai to have a service done. I also noticed that the driverside front drive shaft rubber boot had split & was leaking grease. So I asked if they could replace that when they do the service. After a full day they tell me that the rubber boot only comes with the complete driveshaft & want ridiculous money to replace it. Surely this can't be true???

Does anyone out there have a part number for just the rubber???

Many thanks

Ricky

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. I called several dealers and part shops, Ford does not sell just the boot. They wanted over $300 each side for replacement axles.

I took it to a shop that does axle and CV work and they were able to find a set that fit, cost less than $100. Hopefully you can find one over there.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe he's talking about the driveshaft and not the axle shafts. I would say you're fine as long as you don't have leaks. If there's a leak then it's most likely a bad transfer case rear seal. At least that's what it was when I saw a slight leak at the front of my driveshaft.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me?

I've just put my 2010 Raptor into my local Ford Dealership here in Dubai to have a service done. I also noticed that the driverside front drive shaft rubber boot had split & was leaking grease. So I asked if they could replace that when they do the service. After a full day they tell me that the rubber boot only comes with the complete driveshaft & want ridiculous money to replace it. Surely this can't be true???

Does anyone out there have a part number for just the rubber???

Many thanks

Ricky

Did they say why they would not cover this under warranty?

OP
OP
R

Ricky

Reaction score
Sorry guys, yeah I believe its the CV shaft outer boot.

There was no mention of warranty at the dealer. Not sure where I stand on that front as my car is a US import & I'm the second owner.

It's looking like duct tape is the way to go. I am toying with the idea of cutting up a bicycle inner tube & using the puncture repair glue to fix it over the split. I wonder if anyone out there has tried this before???

Thanks for your help guys. :waytogo:

CAbimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It wont work, Im sure you can find a shop that does CV work there. Did you google it yet?