Free maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptorort

Reaction score
I heard somewhere that maintenance is free on the
Ford Raptor during the warranty period because it
is a SVT. It that true?

SoSmoked

changes his exhaust setup more than his underwear
Reaction score
Depends what type of maintenance your speaking of

Oil changes are about 45 bucks for motorcraft semi synthetic

Tire rotation and simple tasks like that are free yea

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Dealership

I believe it depends on the dealership, nothing because it's SVT. Mine had free oil changes for 36 months but I got the extended maintenance warranty so they deducted the value of the 3 year free oil changes from my maintenance warrany.

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to take a look at my paperwork to see exactly what its called, but I basically got what you're talking about raptorort....for a price. I even got a set of cards last week, from Ford, for the coverage. Its some kind of high falootin jargon in our extended warranties, that I don't fully understand. But it covers all scheduled services, major and minor, for the term of your contract. In our case, thats 7yrs, the dealer was kind enough to extend it a year, based on our yearly driving amounts/habits.

It even throws in a rental car and can cover a hotel, if and when you break down outta town, has roadside assistance similar to AAA.... AND.... is accepted at any Ford dealership. There're limitations, I'm sure, to how much of the rental and how many nights at the hotel, are covered. But the sheer fact that this option, usually standard from Mercedez and BMW, is available to Ford owners... is incredible.

I'll try and remember to snag the paperwork and take a pic when I get home.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
First off, exactly what maintenance is free? Just basic oil changes and scheduled maintenance or everything from bumper to bumper? Second, no, being an SVT does not mean you get free maintenance.......you either have a service contract or the dealer is providing the service themselves.

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First off, exactly what maintenance is free? Just basic oil changes and scheduled maintenance or everything from bumper to bumper? Second, no, being an SVT does not mean you get free maintenance.......you either have a service contract or the dealer is providing the service themselves.

Correct,
Nothing is free from Ford Motor Company.........just because it's a SVT vehicle.

A dealer sometimes throws in oil changes or ?? when you buy and have your service done with them.

Ford has "prepaid service plans" that can be bought at the time of sale, and can be used at ANY Ford dealer, during set time period.

randy

CliffyW

Reaction score
Never go for anything FREE. Since the guys in the shop work on commission and piece work, this free maint plan that gets offered is the lowest form of donkey work there is for a tech.

Long story short my wife's brand new Trail edition 4Runner was nearly ruined, the tech forgot to tighten the drain plug and it fell out going 75 on a moonless night. Thankfully the car shut down before it grenaded. So much for Toyota Free 2 year Service. I would have gladly paid or have done it myself. The rig is fine, but we made the dealer give us Toyota GOLD plan 0 deductible 6/100000 in case there is latent damage to that engine down the road.