Fox Stock Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Happen to know the proper pressure off-hand? Be handy to have in this thread. I do have a guy with a nitro setup. If not, I'll do some searching.

Not wanting to give inaccurate info here so I called Fox directly.

Recommended pressure - front and rear - is 200 psi

Keep in mind that if you go somewhere to have them checked and or filled that you will need a needle valve to do it.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not wanting to give inaccurate info here so I called Fox directly.

Recommended pressure - front and rear - is 200 psi

Keep in mind that if you go somewhere to have them checked and or filled that you will need a needle valve to do it.

Buddy has the setup to adjust his ORIs - I'm guessing this will be the same. One way to find out!

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was told by a pro that if you can grab the bumper and shake the truck and it feels like a boat on water, then they need to be rebuilt. Also if the truck starts to ride weird, or your shocks leak. The mileage varies greatly. Mine are at 37k and still ride great, and it's seen some offroad.

Interesting. Might try that out when I get home.

feel like I'm feeling more minor bumps on the road versus the day I bought it.

No leakage yet.

I just sort of cringe looking at 3.0's. Only a couple grand more and I can get a supercharger lol.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What do you mean by "boat on the water"

Here's a good explanation - when you go over the approach of a bridge and the grade changes slightly, your front end just keeps going up and down for a while. Just mushy. Our shocks, when working properly, do not allow this to happen.

The mushy feeling is due to the fact that the front weight of the truck is riding mostly on spring rebound, so it will just keep springing up and down for a while.

Hope that helps......

OP
OP
B

BigWurmHerm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Might try that out when I get home.

feel like I'm feeling more minor bumps on the road versus the day I bought it.

No leakage yet.

I just sort of cringe looking at 3.0's. Only a couple grand more and I can get a supercharger lol.

that's how I feel too. I would have thought with the upgraded suspension, in comparison to OEM on your average F-150, would last longer. Right now, 5k to upgrade the "upgrade" seems pretty steep. but I could be wrong

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a good explanation - when you go over the approach of a bridge and the grade changes slightly, your front end just keeps going up and down for a while. Just mushy. Our shocks, when working properly, do not allow this to happen.

The mushy feeling is due to the fact that the front weight of the truck is riding mostly on spring rebound, so it will just keep springing up and down for a while.

Hope that helps......

Yea I think mine need to be rebuilt or services. The other day I was passing someone and I floored it. As I was going over the lane change markers my truck felt like a caddalic swaying left to right. I guess I need to get them rebuilt lol it feels really soft

mokan

Reaction score
Mine did the exact same thing the other day! I'm going to try and figure out a way to check the pressure before I commit to a rebuild though.