Ford raptor brake system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before I had the Raptor, I had a GMC Canyon. I put braided steel brake lines on it, and it made a whale of a difference in terms of brake responsiveness and apparent stopping power. It woke the ABS up, too. I'm eventually going to do it to the Raptor, but probably not until the garage floor warms up in the spring.

Stainless Steel Brake lines, Super Dot 4 fluid, slotted & cryofreezed rotors and better pads.

OP
OP
raptor china boy

raptor china boy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About ford vehicles of the raptor braking performance is not very ideal, have the solution? Please comment!

The EBC brake system installed in the raptor know ford effect how? Will not change the wheel?
I only know the WILWOOD brake system need to replace the wheel hub, and it's very expensive.

Attachments

• kit_140-9072-DR-lg[1] $3383.jpg
    kit_140-9072-DR-lg[1] $3383.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 2092_1_lg.jpg
    2092_1_lg.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 94
  • 13197724485734.jpg
    13197724485734.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 977

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I take my truck on high speed mountain road runs with a group of sports cars. I was pleasantly surprised my brakes never faded. Steep downhills hitting 90mph and a hard turn coming, these brakes work great. I've had to stomp them hard once and about ripped my face off.

Viper10

Reaction score
A Raptor is not a Porsche gt-1 (60-0 in 98feet)
It is a heavy ass truck. Yes, brake upgrades will help a little bit. The biggest/cheapest improvement is to allow increased stopping distance. Retrain your brain..

Install stainless steel brake lines and more aggressive pad. SS brake lines will not balloon like an OE brake line.

I'm going to talk to my friends at Stop Tech about building a Big Brake Kit for this truck... like they did for my Viper. IMO, Wilwood brakes are terrible. They have never made a competitive performance brake.

I have the same concern about stopping distances as I get ready to buy a Raptor.

Brad

Last edited:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I remember reading that the rotors and calipers that Ford selected for the Raptor are the largest in its inventory. That being the case, probably the most braking bang for the buck will be braides stainless steel brake lines.

vipergts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes ss brake lines

i did the ss brake lines and ebc ceramic pads bedded them in and made a very noticeable difference, lines were 200 and pads were 175 , money well spent. and changed the fluid with ate dot 4 blue.

Last edited:

Fast62

Reaction score
About ford vehicles of the raptor braking performance is not very ideal, have the solution? Please comment!

China Boy, welcome to the world of big tires and low budgets(FORD). Everyone wants to upgrade what they can see first, but in reality it's what you cannot see that needs to be attended to first. Bill at Baer was my first call he has a great upgrade kit.