Ford raptor brake system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Mine are good, although after 10 hours of driving there is a bit of fade - but that's to be expected. I've had a few panic stops due to an ******* in front of me, and I was impressed I didn't mash some of them.
If on hills, play with the hill descent control - takes some getting used to, but can also save some paint.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, i think my brakes need to be checked then, because i've had and driven trucks before and this is worse then those. And because of that, i do drive slower and keep a bigger space between me and the car in front of me.

Still going to upgrade the brakes...i want it to stop like a BMW., dman near corners like one...kinda...lol

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I notice differences in mine. Sometimes they are very touchy with lots of grip and others times they barely slow the truck. There starting to squeal after 20,000 miles now. What would be the best brakes to get? Are the EBC's top of the line?

Boostin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brembo's kit is going to be the best out there.They aren't cheap but are well, well worth it and you will definitely notice a difference.

OP
OP
raptor china boy

raptor china boy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a raptor is not a porsche gt-1 (60-0 in 98feet)
it is a heavy ass truck. Yes, brake upgrades will help a little bit. The biggest/cheapest improvement is to allow increased stopping distance. Retrain your brain..
Do you think the braking system to use? You that of the road without a car?

这个刹车你认为好用吗?你们那的马路没车吧?

傻逼!你个臭狗懒子![/

Last edited:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Before I had the Raptor, I had a GMC Canyon. I put braided steel brake lines on it, and it made a whale of a difference in terms of brake responsiveness and apparent stopping power. It woke the ABS up, too. I'm eventually going to do it to the Raptor, but probably not until the garage floor warms up in the spring.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Before I had the Raptor, I had a GMC Canyon. I put braided steel brake lines on it, and it made a whale of a difference in terms of brake responsiveness and apparent stopping power. It woke the ABS up, too. I'm eventually going to do it to the Raptor, but probably not until the garage floor warms up in the spring.

I think that would be the best brake upgrade for the Raptor. At least the best improvement per dollar!