Ford ESP maintenance plan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeHem510

Reaction score
I am looking into purchasing the maintenance that ford offers i think its a great deal not having to worry about month to month costs. Now the only question i have i was going to get the 5000 interval oil change plan 8 yr 125k total. But the only problem is this truck is not going to be my daily driver therefore its going to take forever to get 5000 miles on it?? What are the guidelines for the lesser driven vehicles on this plan? Does it go into months or strictly miles???

Thanks in advance

2014 Rapture

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Ford Maintenance plan is based on miles. The intervals are based on driving habits but basically for the 5000 mile interval for 8 yrs or 125k you get 25 visits. You do not have to wait the 5000 miles between visits as you can use them whenever you like during the 8 year period and 125k on the odometer. I have included a pic of the breakdown of visits per interval/ mileage/ year for your convience.

2014 Rapture

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford intervals

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417550027258.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417550027258.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 298
OP
OP
M

MikeHem510

Reaction score
ok so with the math im doing over 8 yrs at 25 oil changes thats approx. every 4 months. So i can go get my oil changed every 4 months on the plan. Then next question is says brake pads what about rotors? Also the shocks that means the whole shock unit on the raptor?? Thanks.... or should i be asking whats NOT INCLUDED in the maintenance plan

2014 Rapture

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be asking about what it not covered as it is written as an exclusionary plan. What is not listed as an uncovered component is covered.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also be aware things that say are due at 125,000 miles.... ARE NOT COVERED it covers until 125,000 miles... Overall I have looked at the maintenance plan and basically it breaks down to you pay for all the services up front in one lump sum or as part of your monthly payment. You will get what Ford service wants you to have for oil, filter, and maintenance items, usually not premium parts. But if you don't mind dropping off the vehicle and letting the lowest paid mechanic at the dealership service it, then its a marginal ok plan. Top mechanics are not your lube oil filter guy so they get a newbie to do those. Things to think about if you want the maintenance plan. Then you get the stress of did they actually do the work or just say they did? I went through one of these plans and basically it amounted to 100.00 oil changes I could do myself and know they were done for under 30. And I use premium oil filters and don't have to worry about the joy ride in my truck the guy takes after every thing is serviced. Oh and I did get half assed car washes to top it off..

QTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So would you guys recommend buying the extended warranty or no?

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not worth it IMO.

I got the premium maintenance plan for free with my truck because Ford dropped the ball on getting my order through in a timely manner. They gave me a maint plan free to make up for it. I've had my truck for 3 years as of next week. My maint plan was for 3 years 45k miles. Well in the past 3 years I've put on 34k miles and I've used the maint plan for 7 oil changes, 1 air filter, 7 tire rotations, 1 set of ****** wiper blades, probably a gallon of washer fluid, and 1 set of front pads, and turned front rotors.

So the equivalent cost of what I got out of it....7 oil changes, figure $50 a change between oil and a filter is $350. Air filter just a cheap paper one say $20. Tire rotations don't cost money. ****** wiper blades $20 (they weren't the OEM style, they were the cheap shit metal ones), gallon of washer fluid $2, front pads and getting rotors turned $100? So I got about a $500 value out of it and didn't have to do any work myself. But I bet they would have charged $1,000 or more for that maint plan.

How much is the maint plan you're looking at? Just estimate what you think you'd need to have done during that time, and if you'd have to pay someone or do it yourself. I do all the work myself usually so it only saved me parts costs. Didn't really save time because I still had to wait around for everything.

Oh and I only was able to get front brakes out of it from towing with my TBC off the last few times to try and get the pads down enough lol. They just squeeked by the min amount to get the free replacement before my plane expired.