GEN 1 Filthy Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

farman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine looked like that before I put on my JLT, but has been squeaky clean since installing mine. Maybe it has been like that since before you installed yours or you didn't get it emptied soon enough once.

OP
OP
Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Crc throttle body cleaner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So would I use that on the plastic air box as well?

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
www.runraptorrun.com

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Is that a little bit of N.C. mud?

CRC works good.
It's probably dust from the Arkansas Diamond Dash.

www.runraptorrun.com

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Mine looked like that before I put on my JLT, but has been squeaky clean since installing mine. Maybe it has been like that since before you installed yours or you didn't get it emptied soon enough once.
Perhaps some from before the JLT separator, but don't think so. I had the dealer do a throttle body and injector cleaner about a year ago. The JLT has been on for a few years. Now when I empty the separator, there is only about a 1/2 oz in there. Can it be getting shaken up when I'm aggressively driving and sucked in?

www.runraptorrun.com

S197Mach1

Reaction score
If it was me I would just use it on the metal parts. I would use a degreaser general purpose on plastic. You talking about the factory box that sits on the front of the throttle body? If so then yeah just a general degreaser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So would I use that on the plastic air box as well?

Throttle body cleaner isn't plastic safe. I would use throttle body cleaner on the throttle body and MAF cleaner on the plastics. Check if MAF cleaner you're using is plastic safe but usually they are

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe.
Did you get the upgraded JLT catch can system when you ordered?
The old style had a large mesh screen that was approx 1.250" dia.
Their new style filter screen is approx .375" dia.

If you do have the old style filter then you are getting oil past the screen and into the intake.
If this is the issue then request the new and improved filter screen from JLT.

You mentioned only 1/2 oz. of oil was collecting in the catch can.
That should be approx 500-700 miles of driving with an efficient catch can system.
What interval were you at?

I don't have the JLT system.
I've got the Moroso system and for every 1k miles I get 1 oz. of oil that collects in the can.

EDIT: I see you asked the seller of his JLT system if he had the upgraded filter, so you are aware of the difference.

Last edited: