Fender flare touch up paint ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
side question but similar to the topic, can the flares be repainted without a ton of prep effort? Anotherwords I'm assuming they're actually painted smooth plastic, and not textured plastic like Ford put all over the last gen f150's?

What color is underneath the gray paint then?

Viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
side question but similar to the topic, can the flares be repainted without a ton of prep effort? Anotherwords I'm assuming they're actually painted smooth plastic, and not textured plastic like Ford put all over the last gen f150's?

What color is underneath the gray paint then?

By my que. It's ub40 all the way through. I had a subcontractor gouge a 1/2 inch deep trough into one of my flares with an air compressor. After shortening his pointer finger by the same margin, I'm still looking at the trough.
I have a replacement on the way, and I plan on using the stock as a testing ground for paint etc. Any others out there to chime in on painting these bastards????

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I painted mine on the old Supercab, I removed them and scuffed them up real good with some medium-to-fine grit sandpaper. Primed two coats and then sprayed the beautiful Tux Black a few times and then cleared them.

OP
OP
DEADEYE

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking of painting part of my hood the color of the flares? Would that need to be a custom mix is that color available in high gloss?

Any good body shop can make any color or match any color you want.