Dry Ball Joints?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roadtech

Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well this is my first post.
My 2014 Black Raptor has 11000km as of the past weekend and was time to do my second service, since I have always done them it's not a big deal. I know there's no grease zerks but have been using a grease needle for years and have had good luck using it on all the joints with a rubber bulbs around them. The funny thing about this service was that it was my first lube on the new truck and I put two holes with the grease needle into the bulb and start pumping grease into the bulb, usually grease would start coming out of the first hole I punctured when it comes out I stop and move onto the next joint. So I'm pumping the handle on the gun, I know grease is going in but nothing is coming out but air, eventually some grease came out and I stopped. Of all the joints there was only one Ball joint that appears to have had any grease in it. Some guys may not like the Hole on bulb thing, but of all the years doing this I have never seen water come from any of the punctured bulbs. I work in the Patch in Northern Alberta, we get our share of moisture. Just a heads up guys maybe you own a Raptor with basically dry Ball joints too.
Don