driveshaft change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTblackraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 Screw and just had my driveshaft replaced with one I bought from JDM. Now I have that clunk that I have read on here. The OEM driveshaft didn't make noise. Should I have the OEM put back on or see if ford will cover the clunk.

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue with the same driveshaft. No clunk with oem before. Thought I was upgrading but turned bad. I'll keep you updated as to what I find. Got the run around from JDM so far.

OP
OP
S

SVTblackraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue with the same driveshaft. No clunk with oem before. Thought I was upgrading but turned bad. I'll keep you updated as to what I find. Got the run around from JDM so far.

Have you parked it or are you still driving it?

OP
OP
S

SVTblackraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm guessing all of these aftermarket places blueprinted the original driveshaft, the one that is screwed up and didn't update when Ford released the driveshaft fix.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
From what I remember, the difference was lubricating the splines. Take the driveshaft out, lubricate the splines inside of the slip yoke with grease, put it back together and see if that fixes it. That was essentially what was in the TSB that Ford did.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From what I remember, the difference was lubricating the splines. Take the driveshaft out, lubricate the splines inside of the slip yoke with grease, put it back together and see if that fixes it. That was essentially what was in the TSB that Ford did.

was just about to say the same thing... :crazy:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

So basically if something makes noise, grease it, problem solved!